27th August 2017
For UAE registered companies, employing an Emirati national is quite different to employing an Expat, so you should be aware of your obligations. Below, we have outlined some points for you to consider.
An Emirati employee won’t require a visa, but he or she will still need a Labour Card. The Labour Card is usually valid for a period of two years. It is a registration with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE) that the employee is working for a company and confirms the salary information. The Emirati employee will need to supply:
- Passport copy
- Original Emirates ID card
- Passport sized photos on a white background
- Copy of attested education certificate
- Medical screening results
- Salary details.
The fee is approximately AED100.
Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund Registration – Company
An organisation employing an Emirati national will need to register with the Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund (ADRPBF). This is the government entity responsible for the pensions and end-of-service benefits for UAE nationals. The company will need to supply”:
- A letter from their bank confirming their account details
- Select and supply details of a “Super User” who will have login access to the ADRPBF website
- Select and supply details of “Main Point of Contact(s)” who will receive all notifications
- Details of the partners of the business
Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund Registration – Employee
It is a mandatory requirement that 5% of an Emirati National’s monthly salary is contributed to the ADRPBF. This should be deducted by the employer at the point of processing the payroll (aka. WPS). In addition, the employer is required to contribute a further 15% into the fund, monthly. The Emirati National will need to supply the following:
- Medical Screening Result (see below, this is a specific requirement of the ADRPBF)
- Details of previous registration with ADRPBF (if any)
- Contact details
- Confirmation of marital status
- If married, details of the spouse and any children
Pension & Benefits Medical Screening
This is applicable for working UAE nationals who are registered with the ADRPBF. It ensures suitability for the criteria determined by the ADRPBF. The screening includes a general health questionnaire, physical examination and blood tests for communicable diseases. Depending upon the medical centre, the fee is approximately AED300.
Related Blogs that you may be interested in:
Emiratisation Regulations for UAE Companies CLICK HERE
What you need to know about WPS, the UAE’s Federal payroll system CLICK HERE
Gateway is an award winning company formation specialist. Gateway provides a corporate, nominee sponsorship platform focusing on security and control for the foreign company. Our concierge PRO services help companies to stay compliant by managing their government transactions, such as business setup, visa processing, trade license renewals and permit applications. For more information about how we could help you and take away the hassle so that you can focus on developing your business, Email us at: info@GatewayToAbuDhabi.com
Jenny Hunt, CEO Gateway Group of Companies